Thursday, January 22, 2009

"From Drab to Fab"

Drab window...

Fab window!





Well, I think it looks pretty. All I wanted for our guest room was a crisp, white, tie-back curtain. I looked around and didn't see anything I liked. They all had lace or ruffles, or cost 79.00 plus $49 shipping. So, of course, I made them. They used to be the curtains that acted like closet doors in our old house. Let me back up...they actually started out as two twin size white sheets. Then I made them into curtains for the closet in our old house and finally here they are today, re-hemmed and trimmed with ribbon. I got the ribbon from Jo-Ann's. I'm not sure how well you can see it in the picture, but there are two vertical rows of ribbon on each curtain. It is the exact look I was looking for. What do you think?
So, who has some great ideas for my living room, bedroom, and master bathroom?

1 comment:

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

very cool! i think they look great!